Department of Mechanical Engineering offers 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering was started in 2010 with an intake of 40 students. Recently it has been increased to 60 students. The Department strives to impart quality education keeping in view the global scenario and social obligation. The Department of Mechanical Engineering at our Institution has been trying it’s best to prepare Diploma holders in Mechanical Engineering to meet the needs of the current industrial requirements. The department has experienced faculty which aims to provide qualitative education to the students. The Curriculum adopted is prescribed by Department of Technical Education. High importance is given to the classroom learning which is meant primarily for the theoretical or conceptual inputs of knowledge. Besides imparting theoretical knowledge, lot of stress is laid on providing practical knowledge also.
The principal educational objective of our department is to provide the students, fundamental knowledge and the skills needed to resolve the problems of mechanical engineering. The department also strives to make students acceptable both to industries and higher institution of learning. The Department has good placement record.
To produce excellent mechanical engineers through quality technical education to meet social and industrial needs.
• To impart value based technical education to satisfy industrial requirements
• To provide all possible support and facilities to promote skill development
• To develop entrepreneurship abilities in students
• To encourage students to develop health, safety and environmental consciousness.
• To create more employment opportunities for rural students through job oriented education
• To provide fundamental engineering knowledge to students so as to pursue higher education